Such an old business industry like a restaurant one, what can be new about it, the food, service, design – all of them are changed with the time but nevertheless stay the same as basis. We have already talked about new technologies, such as POS system, new hi-tech menus, that are used in order to make business more competitive and successful on the market, but what about the old basis things that I’ve already mentioned? What impact has the developing industry of modern technologies on them? These two questions were on my mind when I’ve started to think about my research for the following posts on our soulfood blog. From the very beginning I didn’t want to stick only to the technical side of restaurant business. Having looked for the information about hi-tech innovation in restaurant business, I’d come over a bunch of restaurants with interesting, unordinary and even astonishing design (http://blog.friendseat.com/10-weirdest-themed-restaurants-in-the-world). Also I came across the information about waterless one in Germany. When I saw the picture of Mars restaurant in NY I was wondering why I hadn’t waited for the opening hours to have some cocktail there. Actually I had dropped in, but at that time it had been closed, so I hadn’t been curious enough.
By reading all these different blogs a lot of questions were running through my mind, such as:
- Is it so important for ordering meals to hold instead of a printed menu an iPad?
- Is it really more entertaining to be occupied with the choice of the tablecloth having an interactive table as to make a life conversation who you are dining with?
- What will happen with this industry if it becomes completely hi-tech? Are the waiters going to lose their jobs?
- And of course the design and its influence on our taste perception can’t be left without any attention.
- The last question in my post, I’m going to discuss will be what factors determines our choice of restaurants.
That are the main points I’m going to research further, to the first one I’ve already devoted the post, and hope to make our soulfod blog informative and interesting with the help of Lanny and Timur. May be it is another way around just to have these questions in my head and trying to find the appropriate information on the web as to come across one blog and then another and aha have a great idea what to write about. But every researcher finds his or in my case her own way what to write about, isn’t so?) Hope to keep you interested.